FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What costs are included in my participation?
Retreat guests are responsible for travel to Pinehurst, hotel room, and incidentals. All other costs onsite are included in your participation—this includes meals, on-site transportation, and associated costs for 2 rounds of golf.
2. What airport should I fly into?
We recommend flying into Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). The drive time to Pinehurst Resort is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. For information on additional airports, please visit our Hotel & Travel page.
3. How can I reserve a hotel room?
To reserve a room, please contact the resort by phone at (800) 487-4653 and reference The Heritage Foundation. Please reserve your room by Friday, May 21 to receive the group's discounted rate of $229 (plus tax and service fee). Please note, hotel rooms may be assigned to the Carolina Hotel, Holly Inn, Manor Inn, Carolina Villas, or Golf Course/Lake View Condominiums. The resort will make every effort to satisfy specific accommodation requests.
- The Carolina Hotel: This majestic century-old hotel with its sweeping verandas makes you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time to an era when elegance defined grand hotels and resorts. Dubbed the “Queen of the South,” The Carolina has 230 Four-Diamond guest rooms including suites.
- The Holly Inn: The Four Diamond Holly features 82 guest rooms and suites, each as unique as the inn itself. Built in 1895, the Holly was the resort’s first hotel and is conveniently located in the center of the historic Village. Part Queen Anne Revival, part Arts & Crafts, every detail at the Holly has been attended to. You’ll see the fine touches reflective of times gone by in every nook, from the Tiffany lamps to the antique bar in the Tavern, brought from Scotland.
- The Manor: While the inn’s original charm remains the same, guests will find a completely contemporary hotel experience, from the well-appointed rooms to the spacious and communal lobby.
The newly opened North & South Bar serves a wide selection of whiskeys, cocktails, and craft beer from Pinehurst Brewing Co. The Manor features two finely appointed private hospitality suites, perfect for golf group of up to 20. Suites can be reserved for your entire length of stay and are an ideal place to gather and celebrate after your round.
4. Can I bring my spouse?
You are welcome to bring your spouse! While participation in this retreat only includes golf for one attendee, your spouse is welcome to attend any of the meals included in the program.
5. I don't play golf...why should I come?
We are pleased to offer a few organized activities for those that choose not to golf. More information can be found by clicking here. Pinehurst Resort has a variety of amenities for your enjoyment, even if you do not golf. The facility also has a spa, several pools, tennis, and more. Additionally, Pinehurst Village has plenty to offer including shops, restaurants, and a brewery.
6. Can I rent golf clubs from the resort?
Yes! Call the main golf shop for information on club rentals at (910) 235-8141.
7. What events will Vice President Pence be attending?
Vice President Pence will participate in Sunday lunch, golf on No. 2, and dinner; as well as Monday breakfast.
8. What current COVID-19 protocol and restrictions should I be aware of?
Heritage and Pinehurst Resort's top priority is the safety and well-being of our guests. We will put in place generally observed precautionary measures aimed at mitigating the spread of the coronavirus among participants.
- Guests will be required to sign a COVID-19 Event Participation Waiver, acknowledging and accepting the individual's assumption of risk and waiving of liability.
- Attendees are required to wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose at all times while inside of the resort, unless eating or drinking, or speaking/presenting in any retreat programming. North Carolina recently lifted its restriction requiring individuals to wear masks while outside.
- Room sets will be arranged to allow for social distancing.
- Sanitation supplies, including hand sanitizer and face masks, will be provided.
- Guests are permitted to utilize golf carts on No. 2 and No. 4 and can share carts with other guests.