1. How do I access the Virtual New Members Orientation?
We will send you a Microsoft Teams link that will grant you access to the virtual meeting, along with helpful user tips, on Monday, November 9. We strongly encourage you to log in 5 minutes ahead of the call to avoid any tech issues, as well that you turn your camera on to maximize engagement.
2. Can my Chief of Staff, spouse, etc. participate in the Virtual New Members Orientation?
Yes, Heritage welcomes Chiefs of Staff and spouses to participate with the member-elect. However, we do require the member-elect not have a representative take the place of the member-elect.
3. Will there be an in-person meeting along with the virtual orientation?
Yes, Heritage will be hosting a robust, in-person program in January to welcome you to Congress! We will send more information about this meeting as we get closer to the date.
4. Will my participation in this event raise any ethics issues? Are there any forms I have to sign?
Nope! The Heritage Foundation hosts its New Members Orientation every election cycle with the full knowledge of both the House Ethics and Adminitsration Committees. No formal ethics paperwork is required.
5. What if the results of my election are too close to call by Tuesday, November 10? Am I still allowed to participate?
Absolutely! We'd love to have you join us, even if your race is too close to call by the day of our orientation.